Internet Society of Serbia
Making an Impact Across the Globe
The Internet Society of Serbia, Belgrade Chapter, is one of the many active chapters of the Internet Society. ISOC Chapters around the world often act locally and regionally while still making a global impact. We are an association of citizens who strive to preserve a single yet globally-connected, open and trustworthy Internet.
We are open to working together with other chapters, organisations and members of the Internet community around the world on specific projects, as well as on the continuous improvement of the Internet.
One of ISOC Serbia Belgrade Chapter’s activities is DESCON – a community and capacity building event focused on the security of the Internet, the Internet of Things, robotics, electronics, and wearables. Over the years, the event has evolved to primarily be dedicated to how Internet technology can assist in tackling environmental challenges. DESCON is aimed at local and regional participants in the Western Balkans and South-East Europe. Nonetheless, the event also attracts leading global thinkers, engineers, artists, designers, science fiction writers and hobbyists from all corners of the world, so far including participants from Brazil, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, India, China, Romania, Macedonia, Canada and the USA.
The DESCON IoT device Klimerko powers the first Serbian open data citizen’s measurement network,Vazduh Gradjanima, that measures air pollution particles.
- Notes from Madagascar: What It’s Like to Be Affected by the Digital Divide
- Nominations Now Open for 2022 Internet Society Board of Trustees Elections
- Nominations Now Open for 2022 Public Interest Registry (PIR) Board of Directors
- A New Tool to Measure Internet Resilience—Why It Matters
- Developing Talent for the Digital Revolution
- IoT solution providers now can integrate LoRaWAN connectivity with thingPark embedded OEM program
- Schneider Electric launches grids of the future lifecycle management at Enlit Europe event
- University (data) challenges disrupt student experience in almost half of UK institutions
- Unleashing the power of the IoT: Explore Infineon’s full range of products and solutions for the IoT
- DataQube secures €26mn from French investment management company, RGREEN INVEST
By filling out the form below, you agree that you wish to receive news from our site.