Internet Society of Serbia
Making an Impact Across the Globe
The Internet Society of Serbia, Belgrade Chapter, is one of the many active chapters of the Internet Society. ISOC Chapters around the world often act locally and regionally while still making a global impact. We are an association of citizens who strive to preserve a single yet globally-connected, open and trustworthy Internet.
We are open to working together with other chapters, organisations and members of the Internet community around the world on specific projects, as well as on the continuous improvement of the Internet.
One of ISOC Serbia Belgrade Chapter’s activities is DESCON – a community and capacity building event focused on the security of the Internet, the Internet of Things, robotics, electronics, and wearables. Over the years, the event has evolved to primarily be dedicated to how Internet technology can assist in tackling environmental challenges. DESCON is aimed at local and regional participants in the Western Balkans and South-East Europe. Nonetheless, the event also attracts leading global thinkers, engineers, artists, designers, science fiction writers and hobbyists from all corners of the world, so far including participants from Brazil, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, India, China, Romania, Macedonia, Canada and the USA.
The DESCON IoT device Klimerko powers the first Serbian open data citizen’s measurement network,Vazduh Gradjanima, that measures air pollution particles.
- How the Espírito Santinho Community Created Brazil’s First Fiber Community Network
- We Testified Because the Internet Needs a Voice
- Misguided Policies the World over Are Slowly Killing the Open Internet
- What is Section 230 and Why Should I Care About It?
- NDSS Symposium 2023: 30 Years of Cutting Edge Network Security Research
- Eurotech announces a new secure edge AI portfolio complying with IEC62443 cybersecurity standard
- NVIDIA Dives Deep into the Omniverse at GTC
- Real-Time Data Management Trends for 2023
- Berg Insight reports shipments of NFC-ready POS terminals reached 75.3mn in 2021
- Samsara, Motormax partner to deliver life-saving fleet vehicle safety system
By filling out the form below, you agree that you wish to receive news from our site.