Internet Society of Serbia
Keep informed with the latest ISOC Serbia news.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about ISOC Serbia.
Making an Impact Across the Globe
The Internet Society of Serbia, Belgrade Chapter, is one of the many active chapters of the Internet Society. ISOC Chapters around the world often act locally and regionally while still making a global impact. We are an association of citizens who strive to preserve a single yet globally-connected, open and trustworthy Internet.
We are open to working together with other chapters, organisations and members of the Internet community around the world on specific projects, as well as on the continuous improvement of the Internet.
One of ISOC Serbia Belgrade Chapter’s activities is DESCON – a community and capacity building event focused on the security of the Internet, the Internet of Things, robotics, electronics, and wearables. Over the years, the event has evolved to primarily be dedicated to how Internet technology can assist in tackling environmental challenges. DESCON is aimed at local and regional participants in the Western Balkans and South-East Europe. Nonetheless, the event also attracts leading global thinkers, engineers, artists, designers, science fiction writers and hobbyists from all corners of the world, so far including participants from Brazil, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, India, China, Romania, Macedonia, Canada and the USA.
The DESCON IoT device Klimerko powers the first Serbian open data citizen’s measurement network,Vazduh Gradjanima, that measures air pollution particles.
- Making Connections to Make a Difference at the 2020 Chapter Workshops
- What Will the Internet Look Like in 2030? New Grants Program for Researchers Studying the Future of the Internet
- Member News: Kyrgyzstan Chapter Focuses on Online Resources for Schools
- The Week in Internet News: Microsoft Warns of Cyberattacks on U.S. Election
- How Peering and Infrastructure Development Improved Connectivity in Kenya, Speeding Economic Growth
- Improving data security will create the next IoT boom
- How connected teddy bears, coffee makers and cars are challenging security teams
- Podcast 5: Smart homes revolution is coming!
- GAO: Majority of Agencies Use Connected Devices But Hurdles Remain
- Sigfox and Cube Infrastructure Managers create DACH-wide partnership in IoT infrastructure
By filling out the form below, you agree that you wish to receive news from our site.