Internet Society of Serbia
Making an Impact Across the Globe
The Internet Society of Serbia, Belgrade Chapter, is one of the many active chapters of the Internet Society. ISOC Chapters around the world often act locally and regionally while still making a global impact. We are an association of citizens who strive to preserve a single yet globally-connected, open and trustworthy Internet.
We are open to working together with other chapters, organisations and members of the Internet community around the world on specific projects, as well as on the continuous improvement of the Internet.
One of ISOC Serbia Belgrade Chapter’s activities is DESCON – a community and capacity building event focused on the security of the Internet, the Internet of Things, robotics, electronics, and wearables. Over the years, the event has evolved to primarily be dedicated to how Internet technology can assist in tackling environmental challenges. DESCON is aimed at local and regional participants in the Western Balkans and South-East Europe. Nonetheless, the event also attracts leading global thinkers, engineers, artists, designers, science fiction writers and hobbyists from all corners of the world, so far including participants from Brazil, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, India, China, Romania, Macedonia, Canada and the USA.
The DESCON IoT device Klimerko powers the first Serbian open data citizen’s measurement network,Vazduh Gradjanima, that measures air pollution particles.
- Advocacy Groups Must Stand Up for Encryption—While They Still Can
- Internet Society Study: IXPs Can Improve Quality of Service for Local Users
- The Week in Internet News: Facebook Whistleblower Takes Aim
- MANRS Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
- Pandemic and Digital Transformation—The Middle East and North Africa Are Ready to Level Up
- Ken Gibbs – Global Head, Social Media Marketing at Spotify – The Future of Music Creative Industries
- Blockchain Gets Real for the Electronics Supply Chain
- Integrated Solutions for Logistics
- Data Dashboarding Must Evolve or Face Irrelevance
- IoT set to overtake cloud computing as primary Industry 4.0 technology, Inmarsat research reveals
By filling out the form below, you agree that you wish to receive news from our site.