Internet Society of Serbia
Making an Impact Across the Globe
The Internet Society of Serbia, Belgrade Chapter, is one of the many active chapters of the Internet Society. ISOC Chapters around the world often act locally and regionally while still making a global impact. We are an association of citizens who strive to preserve a single yet globally-connected, open and trustworthy Internet.
We are open to working together with other chapters, organisations and members of the Internet community around the world on specific projects, as well as on the continuous improvement of the Internet.
One of ISOC Serbia Belgrade Chapter’s activities is DESCON – a community and capacity building event focused on the security of the Internet, the Internet of Things, robotics, electronics, and wearables. Over the years, the event has evolved to primarily be dedicated to how Internet technology can assist in tackling environmental challenges. DESCON is aimed at local and regional participants in the Western Balkans and South-East Europe. Nonetheless, the event also attracts leading global thinkers, engineers, artists, designers, science fiction writers and hobbyists from all corners of the world, so far including participants from Brazil, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, India, China, Romania, Macedonia, Canada and the USA.
The DESCON IoT device Klimerko powers the first Serbian open data citizen’s measurement network,Vazduh Gradjanima, that measures air pollution particles.
- Indigenous Communities Must Have Internet Access on Their Own Terms
- The Week in Internet News: Backlash after WhatsApp Plan to Share Data
- Want to Make the Internet Even Better in 2021? Register for Our Special Edition Community Event
- The Week in Internet News: U.K. Investigating Google Chrome’s Privacy Push
- Nominations Now Open for Public Interest Registry (PIR) Board of Directors
- Detectronic’s worldwide expansion supported by the Aeris Fusion IoT Network
- Youbiquo supported by Lantronix advanced IoT tech in development of augmented reality smart glasses
- Enterprises: Are you using the right solution for your IoT edge projects?
- How the converged Edge can cut next-gen network deployment from years to months
- Taiwanese start-up unveils solution for a secure Edge computing environment
By filling out the form below, you agree that you wish to receive news from our site.